There have always been entrepreneurs, those who see opportunities and have the nerve to try to turn a dream into reality, and when looking at the level of technology we currently enjoy, it begs the question; What are the attributes that a successful entrepreneur would need to possess?
- Vision – In these fast-moving times, the successful entrepreneur has the vision to see what technologies are going to be in highest demand and they base their business ideas around such technology as robotics, machine learning and other emerging technologies. In a rapidly changing world, it is important to have the vision to know what the future holds, especially regarding new technology.
- Determination – The obstacles you face when setting up a new business are part and parcel of success and no matter what business you choose, you will face problems that need to be resolved and your attitude will determine the outcome. There is always a solution and with a ‘can do’ attitude, you are far more likely to succeed.
- Sound Academic Education – If you were educated at an international school in Bangkok, your academic success is virtually assured, which means you can enter the university of your choosing and that is very much a springboard to success.
- IT Competency – Today’s small business owner needs to be fully conversant with digital technology, especially digital marketing, which is very much the key to success. Social media is a powerful tool if used correctly, so a budding business creator should possess a sound knowledge of the various marketing strategies used with platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Excellent Communicator – The road to success is long and often uphill and you will need to motivate others, while also instilling a sense of trust within your customers. Whether trying to convince a potential investor or demonstrating your product to a client, you need to have a way with words. If you are doing something as a sideline and would like to make it a full-time venture, here are a few tips.
- Think Outside the Box – The modern businessperson has to come up with innovative solutions – new technology means forging new paths – and have the ability to look at something from every perspective. What might seem like a problem, could be an opportunity in disguise and a free thinker often turns a negative into a positive; with a die-hard attitude to any issues they might encounter.
- Organisation & Planning – Organisation is another essential skillset you need, which empowers you to create systems and make the best from the available resources with excellent planning, which should be evident in your business plan. If you have attention to detail, this will stand you in good stead as you try to create a business empire, enabling you to make calm decisions amid a crisis. If you are thinking of setting up a business in the UK, here is some essential reading.
The world is constantly changing and a good entrepreneur always keeps abreast of emerging technology and trends, looking for a niche market to exploit and examining options. If you are the kind of person who loves a challenge and you have ambition, there’s no reason why you can’t create a successful business empire.