Every person has their own opinion on what an ideal dream wedding ought to look like! It’s all part the magic of this romantic day!
But! It’s true, weddings are expensive.
It is no surprise that the price of weddings keeps rising over time. There are a lot of things to consider: the venue, the wedding dress, the wedding cake, the honeymoon, dinner and entertainment, wedding pictures to take and print and many more!
A lot of newlyweds are in debt because they spend so much money planning their wedding. This isn’t the ideal way to begin an affair!
We are pleased to present some tips and tricks to assist you in planning your dream wedding with a budget that is tight. Today we have Imtazur Rahman an experienced wedding planner from Canada, who will be sharing his expertise with you on how to do it on a restricted budget.
What is the average wedding cost?
Imtazur Rahman. This may not be a surprise to readers. However weddings with an extremely tight budget are becoming more common than ever. The typical wedding budget is becoming smaller and smaller. For example, just a couple of years ago, the price of an average wedding in the United States was $34,000. The cost dropped to $28,000 in 2019 but then climbed again, reaching $19,000 by 2020.
What’s the most expensive part of wedding planning?
Imtazur Rahman The venue is typically the most expensive. Most venues are approximately $10,000, which is approximately half of the budget. It’s possible to pay between $12,000 and $14,000. food and drinks at your wedding venue.
It could be that the cost is higher or more affordable depending on where you are having the wedding ceremony. It also depends on the number of guests are attending.
What additional wedding expenses should one be aware of?
Imtazur Rahman: Outside of the venue/catering? At least three of these can put a dent into a newlyweds’ finances.
The Engagement ring
- Engagement rings are often the symbol of a partnership and can be quite expensive. Prices will differ depending on your preferences in terms of style and design, as well as the manufacturer, etc., but no matter where your tastes run, most engagement rings will cost around $5,000.
Music & Entertainment
- The reception is a crucial part of the wedding. Based on the kind of entertainment you want it is going to cost you! A live band costs about $3,000 on average, while DJs can cost as little as $2,200.
Photography and Videography
- Photos and videos are essential to keep the memory of your day. Professionally taking photos and videos can cost approximately $2000 for a photographer and around $1,000 for videographers.
What’s the most important advice can you give to plan a wedding on a budget?
Imtazur Rahman: I think the most common thing expecting brides and grooms struggle with is establishing the realistic budget. Some of my clients have come to me with budgets as low at $8,000 to $15,000, which I consider acceptable. It is possible to still have a wedding at this price. It is only a matter of determining if this budget is feasible within their budget.
You need to know the budget you have set will permit you to plan the wedding you want. If you try to force your dream wedding without any restrictions is not going to be a success. I guarantee it will only result in you spending more. This is why I insist on the word “realistic.’
What are some things that grooms and brides could do to decrease the strain on their wedding budget?
Imtazur Rahman: Make concessions when you can! You don’t have to sacrifice what must-haves — or at a minimum, you shouldn’t. By concessions, (and it can really be just about everything!) Here’s what I mean by concessions:
- Edit your wedding date To save on venue fees, consider choosing the weekend over a weekday.
- You can organize your wedding reception and reception in the same location! Venues are among the most expensive things about organizing an event, you could reduce costs by having only one!
- Limit your guest list! Do you have any guests that you must invite to your special day, and who are they? Consider this carefully, as the more people you invite, the greater your budget will need to be (not just to be able to be able to afford a larger location, but also for other wedding amenities as well.)
- Make your own favors This is an activity that my clients are enthralled to complete, especially since wedding favors can get very expensive.
There are a myriad of things you can do to help you save money. But, you get the idea! Sacrifice all that aren’t necessary to make the occasion more memorable.
Are you in search of some last-minute tips to help someone plan a wedding on a tight budget?
Imtazur Rahman Help is available! It doesn’t need to be your wedding planner. This includes your friends and family! Invite them to join in and make it a day that everyone will remember. I’m sure they’ll be delighted to help you celebrate your special day.
Imtazur Rahman: If you’re looking for professional help to plan your special occasion, I have a website that you can visit!