If you are a young entrepreneur with a great business unfolding, there is always room for improvement and every business owner should always be looking for ways to improve efficiency and production. Of course, there are many ways that you can streamline your business processes and here are just a few examples.
- Managed Print Services – Printing is one of those tasks that is often problematic; ink cartridges need to be replaced and sometimes the paper feed jams, no matter how careful you are. If you use managed print services, the provider delivers toner before it is needed and generally maintains all printers and copiers. Your office staff no longer have to worry about printing issues, as your hardware is maintained and essential stocks are always updated, ensuring you never run out of ink or paper. Businesses that used managed print services are more productive, as they spend less time on printer issues.
- Migrate to the Cloud – If all of your business data is stored on a secure cloud network, you and your employees can access from any location and also update in real time. There are many advantages to migrating to cloud solutions; staff can work from home as they have access to everything, plus the Internet empowers you to be connected from any location and using any digital device. Of course, cyber-security is an essential requirement, which a managed IT services company would provide.
- Outsource Call Handling – Imagine a potentially big customer calling your office number, but no one picks up! This can never happen when you outsource call handling to a call centre, as they guarantee to answer all calls within 5 seconds and you can’t really get any better than that. Rather than hiring a receptionist, outsource the call handling to a 3rd party specialist and you will save money, while ensuring that all incoming calls are promptly handled in a professional manner.
- Voice over Internet Protocol – Known as VoIP, this technology enables voice and video calls via the Internet and will save you a lot of money when compared to using the regular telephone. Applications such as Zoom and Skype can be used through your cloud network, which will transform your business communication and dramatically slash communication costs.
- Industry Related Business Software – Whether you run a hair salon or a roofing company, there is specialist software designed for your sector and that streamlines your processes and eliminates double handling, while there are also payroll software solutions to ensure that you are always fair work compliant.
It is easy to get into a routine regarding business activities and by taking a good look at your organisation, you will find ways that you can make the business more efficient. Outsourcing offers the ability to provide a great service for a very low cost, indeed, most small businesses do outsource most things, including their IT needs.